You're tired of watching the Platoon Sergeant sit in the office watching YouTube and perusing Facebook while you slave away making sure that the vehicles are FMC and managing the priorities of the platoon put out in the morning meeting. What do they do anyway? You run all the reports for them.... all they do is go to meetings..... when they are there. You should be getting paid more than you are and you know you could make a difference and do it better. It's time to work towards promotion and here you will find out where to start and what you need to do to get promoted in the Army.
Here in part 3, we are going to discuss the SRB. You should know how to do an SRB scrub but here is a reminder.
1. GT score. If your score is under 110, future opportunities for specialty schools, programs, and other high-speed opportunities will be greatly limited.
2. Flag codes. If you are flagged, get it fixed and find a way out of the situation. Don't let it hold you back.
3. Military education. You should be squared away here with the schools and courses you want up to this point. Make sure that you have completed the appropriate level DLC or you won't do as well on the OML.
4. Basic Military Qualification (BMQ). Make sure you qualification is up to date. I know we get busy and sometimes it can slip by but you need to stay on top of this. Don't let it ruin your promotion.
5. Civilian education. If this is empty, you're not going to be very competitive. You can still get promoted but in order to be competitive, you will want a degree or to be in a well known group like Audie Murphy or SGT Morales.
7. Certifications. Do a records brief scrub and make sure if you have something here it should be. See below for a list of certifications that are accepted for your MOS.
8. Awards and Decorations. Make sure that your orders and 638s are in iPerms, that's what the board cares about not the certificate. You should be okay if you have one or the other though but it will likely affect your OML number.
9. Spouse birthplace /Citz. If you are married, is this filled out? If not get it updated, by talking to S1.